Incentivize Employee Safety Using A Reward Program
Businesses who have a strong safety culture to promote and encourage healthy living and proper safety procedures reduce injury and illness costs by 20% on average. Safety awards, if constructed appropriately, can decrease on-premises accidents, lower insurance or worker compensation claims, increase attendance and productivity, and improve morale and employee retention.
- Indirect costs of an injury are 10 times the actual incident cost
- The average cost per injury is $10,000
- New hires or temp employees are 5 times as likely to be injured on the job
- 30% of workers are dissatisfied with workplace stress
Specific goals and measurements will vary depending on the industry or business, but what’s most important about crafting a safety awards program is that communication and training be readily provided and that the main objectives are to be reached as a team. Individual employees who go above and beyond should be recognized and rewarded to foster a culture of accident and injury minimization throughout the corporate culture.
For recognition compensation, we provide a cost-effective solution in the form of a company-branded Visa, or Mastercard Reward Cards that can be reloadable as needed. These cards will provide an incentive to employees to accomplish the following objectives:
- Less Accidents – Employees receive bonuses over time provided everyone continues to be accident free
- Zero Incidents – No preventable equipment damage or lost/stolen property
- Observational Reporting on potential safety hazards
- Environmental accident prevention
- Completion of safety training